EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY- POLICE OFFICERDate Posted: Wednesday, June 17th, 2020
Full and Part-Time Positions
The Wyoming Police Department is currently accepting applications for Full and Part-Time Police Officers.
- Non-certified Officers starting at $36,192 with an increase to $48,256 after successful completion of Police Academy and 12-week field training.
- Certified Officers starting minimum at $48,256 or higher depending on experience.
The following are the requirements for the position:
- 21 years of age upon the completion of the academy
- S. Citizen
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
The Wyoming Police Department offers a competitive starting salary, medical insurance, paid vacation; take home vehicle and retirement through the State Municipal Plan.
Non-certified applicants who meet the requirements will need to pass the following to be considered for the position:
- Written test
- Physical agility test
- Background investigation
- Psychological examination
- Medical examination
- Drug screening
- Certified applicants will be given a conditional hire until they meet all the requirements set by the Council on Police Training and a modified field training program.
- Non-certified applicants who are given a conditional hire will be required to complete the basic training program at the Police Academy and 12-week field training program successfully.
The Wyoming Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications can be obtained online at www.wyoming.delaware.gov or at 1 North Railroad Ave., Wyoming, DE 19934. PoliceDepartmentApplication
Applications can be mailed to Chief Martin Willey Wyoming Police Department 10 South Railroad Ave. Wyoming, De. 19934 or emailed to Chief Martin Willey at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications will be accepted until filled.